The Modern Sales Organization
for B2B SaaS, Cloud, and Technology Providers
The modern B2B sales organization is highly specialized. Long gone are the days in which sales reps were constantly distracted with non-selling activities that were not moving deals forward. Today’s tech sales teams are staffed with groups of experts specifically focused on each different phase of the customer lifecycle.
- Inside Sales – Prospects via email, phone, video, and social media to generate leads with new prospects.
- Account Executives – Quarterbacks the deal, manages customer relationships, orchestrates selling team.
- Solution Consultants – Captures requirements, provides demos, and proposes solution designs.
- Channel Sales – Build sell-with and sell-through programs for systems integrators, BPOs, and VARs.
- Customer Success – Ensures project success, retention, and growth through upsell and cross-sell.
- Sales Operations – Responsible for planning, forecasts, budgets, processes, systems, and reporting.
- Sales Enablement – Optimize productivity with new hire on-boarding, on-going training and SKO.
- Bid Management – Responds to RFPs with details about product features, tech architecture, and infosec.
- Value Engineering – Perform ROI, TCO, and future state design to make business case for change.
- Deal Desk – Negotiates pricing, contract terms, and service level agreements to help close the deal.
Recent Articles about Modern Software Sales