Today, we held the very first Product Camp DC here at the Network Solutions office in Herndon, VA. There were lots of great sessions and ideas exchanged with approximately 50 people in attendance. As I reflect on the day there were 10 great quotations that I captured.
- “Has anyone ever seen a business case that looked like a loser?” John Mansour of ZigZag
- “People think development is like factory work – as if we’re putting semicolons on code as it comes by on the assembly line.” Steve Johnson of Pragmatic Marketing
- “People buy products to get jobs done. Products come and go, but the job is the stable, long-term focal point around which value creation should be centered.” Rick Norman of StrategyN
- “How can we get product marketing to be more than the brochure and presentation department?” John Mansour of ZigZag
- “There is always one more thing to you can do to increase your odds of success.” Hal Moore quoted by Rick Wilhelm of Network Solutions
- “We need something between a cocktail napkin and a 900 page requirements document.” Steve Johnson of Pragmatic Marketing
- “Does this sound familiar – Here’s product #1, here’s product #2, #3. Stop me when you hear something you like.” John Mansour of ZigZag
- “The best engineers are the ones that worry about sales and revenue. Although there is a correlation, it is not causal.” Rick Wilhelm of Network Solutions
- “Nothing seems hard to people who don’t do it.” Steve Johnson of Pragmatic Marketing
- “Medical professionals have used army ants to close wounds. Just pop off the head and it will stay there.” Rick Norman of StrategyN
To read my other live posts from the event you can visit the official blog site. Also search on Twitter hashtag #pcampdc.